Wednesday 3 September 2014

LADYBIRD ON SPIDER PLANT (2), Watercolor Drawing and Painting Nature, Plants, Insects

She went.  I looked.  I found her on the other side of the plant.  I thought she was checking something.  I gently let her on a paper and placed her on the leaves for another painting.  If the ladybird got frighten, she might just fly away abd I could never find her.  This awareness add  a bit more alertness to the painter (which was me who) was enjoying the privilege to be alone with her!  During the painting, I noted the spider plant withered a bit.  When the painting finished.  I put the ladybird back into the garden and gave some water to the plant!  The sparkling light captured on the leaves by pressing the brush gave life to the picture!  I used different brushes for different effect.  Light effect on positive shapes in this case is critical.  A few sparks on simple picture like this speak volume!

Exciting brush work, watercolor on paper, 21x29.5cm
Exciting brush work, watercolor on paper, 21x29.5cm
If you have any queries relating to the painting, please leave me a message via the contact form gadget on the top right corner of the blog.  Thank you for your interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment