Thursday 29 October 2015

Door to the Sea, Watercolour Painting Seascape


An outdoor painting at Okahu bay, Auckland.  Along NZ shore are those magnificent local trees.  They have the ability to flourish in incredible tough condition near the shore with strong wind and poor soil.  Because of their strength, they are planted to protect the shore from corrosion.  I use strong greens and dark colours umber, sepia, blues (pthalo and ultramarine) for the tree trunks to note the features of these special trees.  Coming in with  is lapping water to wet my feet and the breeze to play with my hair.  I work hard with the brush to capture movement and vibration of the scene in the same time I would love just to be there all day.. dreaming! :-)
Together these elements gave me a strong vibrant refreshing blue green theme which I am going to include it into my favourite colour palettes.  It was beautiful day with wonderful result!
An outdoor painting at Okahu bay, Auckland.  Along NZ shore are those magnificent local trees.  They have the ability to flourish in incredible tough condition near the shore with strong wind and poor soil.  Because of their strength, they are planted to protect the shore from corrosion.  I use strong greens and dark colours umber, sepia, blues (pthalo and ultramarine) for the tree trunks to note the features of these special trees.  Coming in with  is lapping water to wet my feet and the breeze to play with my hair.  I work hard with the brush to capture movement and vibration of the scene in the same time I would love just to be there all day.. dreaming! :-) Together these elements gave me a strong vibrant refreshing blue green theme which I am going to include it into my favourite colour palettes.  It was beautiful day with wonderful result!
Beautiful, stunning day at the bay




No comments:

Post a Comment