Tuesday 3 November 2015

Summer Breeze, Watercolour Painting Seascape, En Plein Air

The best place to enjoy a hot day is near the sea.  Better still, we found a place with trees which could provide some shade and wind shelter.  Knowing we were coming, the fisherman gave us his spot and move further away.  He insisted to go because he hadn't had any luck. 

I ventured out to the edge of the head land and saw this composition.  I made a quick sketch and came back to my setting.  I tempted to sit right there and painted as suggested by my friend.  There was something telling me that it was not a good idea.  I gazed at the scene and absorbed key details and colour balance then started painting.  Minutes later, the wind came and gave a shuffle.  My hat and board were tossed away.  I quickly ran after and rescued them.  I held tight to the board and kept on painting.  The wind gave another big hustle.  I ran quick and rescue my friend's painting and bag before they get into the sea.  

For colour composition, I use some warm in the sky and water to balance the energetic blue green theme of the shore while maintaining peaceful, fresh, vibrant feel of the picture.  Nearly finished, I looking at the picture again and decided to add a friend to the fisherman.  I think they look good together!   

If I had sat at the head land edge, I would not have had this picture.  It would ended up in the sea along with other bits of my gear!  ..Pew!  The experience tells me always take an extra care when you go near the sea and do listen to my instinct.  What a day!:-) 


The best place to enjoy a hot day is near the sea.  Better still, we found a place with trees which could provide some shade and wind shelter.  Knowing we were coming, the fisherman gave us his spot and move further away.  He insisted to go because he hadn't had any luck.   I ventured out to the edge of the head land and saw this composition.  I made a quick sketch and came back to my setting.  I tempted to sit right there and painted as suggested by my friend.  There was something telling me that it was not a good idea.  I gazed at the scene and absorbed key details and colour balance then started painting.  Minutes later, the wind came and gave a shuffle.  My hat and board were tossed away.  I quickly ran after and rescued them.  I held tight to the board and kept on painting.  The wind gave another big hustle.  I ran quick and rescue my friend's painting and bag before they get into the sea.    For colour composition, I use some warm in the sky and water to balance the energetic blue green theme of the shore while maintaining peaceful, fresh, vibrant feel of the picture.  Nearly finished, I looking at the picture again and decided to add a friend to the fisherman.  I think they look good together!     If I had sat at the head land edge, I would not have had this picture.  It would ended up in the sea along with other bits of my gear!  ..Pew!  The experience tells me always take an extra care when you go near the sea and do listen to my instinct.  What a day!:-)
Wonderful day at Seaside


No comments:

Post a Comment